Financial assistance is available for new SUNYLA members to attend the annual conference. The Scholarship aims to encourage involvement with SUNYLA and to provide opportunities for professional growth for its members.
The Award is a voucher covering:
- Registration fees
- Conference meals
- One pre-conference continuing education session
You qualify if:
- You have not been a SUNYLA member for more than three consecutive years
- You have paid current year’s dues
- You are not a session presenter (poster session presenters and moderators are eligible)
- You have never received a Sylvia Chu Scholarship
- To apply: Please provide a letter (one to two pages) highlighting why attending a SUNYLA conference will benefit your professional development.
- Send/Email by April 22, 2011 to:
Justina M. Elmore
Reference Instruction Librarian
Milne Library, SUNY Geneseo
Geneseo, NY 14454
- The Sylvia Chu Scholarship Committee will review the letters and present awards by May 6, 2011.
To find our more about Sylvia Chu at http://sunyla.org/annual/scholarships/sylvia-chu.